While firms are developing new electric car models, the cost of purchasing a new electric car remains expensive when compared to regular petrol/ diesel vehicles. Companies nowadays provide EV retrofitting kits to transform your present ICE vehicle into an electric vehicle for those who cannot afford a new EV because of the excessive cost. Here we have a list of 5 companies with cost of EV retrofitting kits in India.
Retrofitting models are popular because they make it simple to convert an existing car to an electric vehicle at a lesser cost. Car conversion kits are available from a variety of companies.
Bosch eAxle kit– Electric Car Retrofitting Kit
The Bosch eAxle is a cost-effective option in all of the EV retrofitting kits available in the market. It offers solutions for battery electric vehicles and hybrid vehicles. Its small structure saves space and lowers complexity during installation.
- The Bosch eAxle is an ideal choice for anyone who is looking for a primary drive or a second eAxle to improve their EV performance.
- The Bosch eAxle kit has enhanced its efficiency by 96 percent for additional range while reducing its battery.
- You save money on components and pricey connection cables because all of the components are assembled into a compact system. This makes it a great value-for-money car conversion kit.
- With significant scalability (50-300KW), varying voltage levels (400/800V), and excellent adaptability, it is one of the best alternatives on the market. It can be utilized for any vehicle type and can meet the needs of specific customers due to its versatility.
- Using eAxle at 800V with silicon carbide semiconductors will improve performance. This also aids in the reduction of the electric motor’s size.
What are the specifications of this kit?
|Torque||1000-5000 NM Driveshaft|
|Weight||90 kg approx.|
Currently, the company is aiming to work with OEMs to expand its business in India. The price of the eAxle kit has yet to be revealed by the manufacturer.
Loop Moto– EV Retrofitting Kit
The company manufactures and sells a small electric powertrain. The powertrain includes lithium-ion batteries along with a BMS. It also has a few other components that are needed for converting conventional vehicles to electric vehicles.
Maruti Suzuki Wagon R, Maruti Suzuki Dzire, Maruti Suzuki Swift, Hyundai Accent, Honda Amaze, Hyundai Verna, Honda Civic, and Honda City have all acquired ARAI certification to convert cars.
- The company provides bespoke conversion solutions for any car. The Lithium-ion battery features LiFePO4 technology and a 7.8kwh intelligent battery management system. On a single charge, the battery delivers a range of 180 kilometers.
- A gearless gearbox, 3.3kW AC charger, and 15kw 3-phase AC motor are included in the conversion package.
- 80km/h top speed.
- The organization provides retrofitting services across India.
Let’s talk about the Specifications
|Top Speed||80 kmph|
|Motor||15kw: Phase 3 AC motor|
|Charger||AC onboard 3.3kw charger|
|Battery type||LiFePo4 with Smart BMS|
What is the Price of the Loop Moto EV Retrofitting kit in India?
The Loop Moto EV retrofitting kit costs anywhere between Rs. 3 lac and Rs. 5 lakhs.
E-Trio– EV Retrofitting Kit
Sathya Yalamanchili launched E-Trio in 2016. The primary objective of launching E-Trio was to increase the rate of electric car adoption among existing vehicle owners. E-Trio manufactures conversion kits for converting traditional gasoline vehicles into electric vehicles to expedite electric mobility in India. The ARAI has also approved the company’s efforts to convert existing ICE vehicles to electric vehicles.
Maruti Alto, WagonR, and Dzire have all been converted into Electric vehicles by E-trio. The EV-150 and EV-180 conversion kits are available. The company claims that the EV-180 kit can turn a Maruti Alto, WagonR, or Dzire into an electric vehicle that’s too in 48 hours.
E-Trio also buys old automobiles off the road and converts them to electric-powered vehicles by replacing all fuel or diesel-associated components with the EV retrofitting kit. In the market, it sells both conversion kits and modified cars.
- The electric conversion kits EV-150 and EV-180 convert ICE automobiles to electric vehicles.
- It is the only retrofitting start-up in India to have its conversion kits approved by the government.
- E-Trio designed the lithium-ion battery, motor, traction controller, onboard charger, and ancillary equipment like power steering, DC-DC converter, and gearbox are also included in this kit. The suspension is also upgraded to adjust the added weight.
- Depending on the conversion package, the battery ranges from 150 to 180 kilometers.
- The kit is estimated to cost 4 lakhs. It might seem a pricey deal, however, the long-time period advantages of switching to an electric-powered car are undeniable.
Let’s talk about the Specifications
|Range||150 km & 180 km|
What is the Price of E Trio Kit in India?
In India, the E-trio electric automobile conversion kit costs around 4 lakh rupees.
Bharat Kit- EV Retrofitting Kit
Bharat Kits, situated in Hyderabad, is a company that retrofits hatchbacks and sedans. The company sells both conversion kits and retrofitted vehicles. For converting Maruti Alto, WagonR, and Swift Dzire, the company has gained ARAI and ICAT certifications.
- A battery, controller, motor, gearbox, DC-DC, onboard charger, instrument cluster, AC complete kit, vacuum pump, charging gun, and kit gear selector are included in Bharat kits electric car conversion kits.
- With one-time charging, the company offers a customized LiFePO4 battery with an 80-kilometer range. The battery takes roughly four to five hours to get fully charged. The new EV will give you a top speed of 80 kilometers per hour.
- A well-structured battery management system and a battery controller are included in the kit. A 15KW motor is included with the conversion package.
- The battery capacity varies depending on the car model. The hatchback battery capacity is 12 kWh, whereas the sedan battery capacity is 15 kWh. The company additionally gives custom-designed conversion kits primarily based totally on personal requirements.
- The automobile is retrofitted at the company’s factory in Hyderabad. It takes a week to complete the conversion process.
- Retrofitting is estimated to cost 5 lacks. This cost covers the expense of switching to an electric vehicle and installing a telematics system that allows you to monitor cell temperature, battery temperature, and vehicle health from a computer or laptop.
Let’s talk about the Specifications of the Kit
|Top Speed||80 kmph|
|Charging Time||4-5 Hours|
What is the Price of Bharat Kits in India?
In India, a Bharat Electric Car Conversion Kit costs around 5 lakhs.
Rexnamo Electro- EV Retrofitting Kit
Based in Ghaziabad, Rexnamo Electro gives retrofitted electric-powered automobiles and conversion kits that can last for ten years. The company converts automobiles for around Rs 2,40,000 and Rs 5,70,000. Depending on various factors the conversion rate varies. The company additionally restores and converts antique automobiles like Lancers, Contessa, Volkswagens, Old BMWs, Porsches, and Honda city.
- The conversion kits have an 88kmph top speed and an 80km driving range on a single charge. This conversion kit costs around Rs 8,56,680 and is compatible with automobiles like the Swift and Indica.
- Vintage cars such as Lancers, Contessas, Volkswagens, Old BMWs, Porsches, and Honda City can be electrified for roughly RS 32,79,677 by employing the latest Lithium-ion batteries.
What is the Price of Rexnamo Electro Kit in India?
A Rexnamo conversion kit for a tiny automobile such as the Indica or Swift costs around Rs 8,56,680.
Porsches, Volkswagens, Old BMWs, Honda city, lancers, and Honda city Contessas, among others, can be fully electrified for Rs 32,79,677.
Now we believe you have all the information related to cost of EV Retrofitting in India.
Click here to know what is EV Retrofitting?